Newbie wants to be sure I'm on the right track

2006C arrived today! Will test tomorrow night as I didn't have time tonight.

Vacuumed and went for a swim today. Water was great at 74. Started the heater as well, fired on 2nd try and now we are at 80.

Just checked the SwG and the display is reading a perfect 1500 ppm at 25% setting with pump running 6hrs high and 18 hrs low setting. Salt test kit hasn't arrived yet.

The grackles have moved on and/ or the owl decoys are working.

All in all, a successful day and I am excited about this whole owning a pool thing.

Great stuff! Give us an update on how things are going.

It is nice having a pool and an AGP is great for flexibility. I was ready to demolish mine as it had become overgrown and the surrounding deck was showing its age: roots, millions of them on the pool base! Completely neglected for 4 years as I worked in Stockholm and came home sporadically - also neglected for the year or two prior owing to work commitments, so on my return I assumed the worst, but discovered the AGP was in great condition and I ran with it. I pressure washed the surrounding deck and it was good. I/we are happy with the decision to renovate it!

Finding TFP was a great thing since now I am in control of the pool chemistry, it is easier to manage, a lot cheaper to run, and I have learned an awful lot. Most recently I hard PVC piped the plumbing and added a water feature and will now experiment with this in making removable pipes for differing water trajectories/patterns. I enjoy performing the tests using the Taylor 2006C and knowing exactly what I am doing to the pool (although the TF100 offers more, I liked the box and colour/test coordination of the 2006C, and of course I will order refills/parts from TF kits).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.