Newbie / Pump and filter leaking (purchased floor model AGP)

LLRobinett

Jun 25, 2020
Columbia, MO
We purchased an AGP in November. Got a great price because it was the last one they had, a floor model. The pool was installed late last week. Of course, the installers installed the pool, started it filling and left. It has taken forever to fill the pool, but it's finally full! My husband woke me up at 6 am because water was running out of the pump filter basket. As soon as we looked at it, it was clear that the lid was broken. My hubs carefully replaced the lid and the water stopped. I went out about 7 to check it again, and saw a piece break off of the pump filter basket and fly off. Water was also coming out of the filter (around the center). I tried everything I could think of. When I turned the filter to clean (waste?), the leaking stopped.

I've called the place we purchased it from and have left 2 messages.

My question: in the meantime, is there any troubleshooting I can/should do? Or anything further I could do to minimize any more water being lost?

TIA!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.