Newbie Looking For Guidance

May 20, 2021
Rochester NY
Hello,
Been reading on TFP for several weeks now, new pool owner, and finally got a K2006C so just making sure my next steps are accurate before I proceed.

Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 1.0 (43 minutes ago)
CC: 10.0 (43 minutes ago)
pH: 6.8 (43 minutes ago)
TA: 20 (43 minutes ago)
CH: 300 (43 minutes ago)
CYA: 10 (43 minutes ago)

From the results I’m thinking I need to get CYA up to 45, get the ph to 7.5, then SLAM, and deal with TA after SLAM is completed.

Just making sure I’m going about these steps correctly before I start doing stuff.
Thanks

I think you might have some testing errors there, Bill.
A CC result of 10ppm is alarming..... but I know that if you hesitated doing this part of the FC test the water does start to return to pink.

Do the FC test again and *immediately* add the 5 drops of reagent for the CC portion of the test. Did it turn your clear FC sample pink? Then add the reagent 0871 again and count those drops. Then divide the number of drops by 2 for your result.

Are you using pucks in your pool for chlorine? If so that explains the horribly low pH/TA.

I would address the low pH, low CYA and low FC immediately. Have you worked with the PoolMath program yet?
-Go get some Arm and Hammer Washing Soda (Soda Ash) for your ph/TA
-Add CYA to get to 30ppm
-Add Liquid Chlorine to raise your FC up to 5ppm.

How does your water look??

Maddie :flower:

Totally hesitated and read the instructions again, saw the water turn pink again and kept adding drops.

Yes, current using pucks because that’s what the previous homeowner left for us but I’ve got liquid chlorine on the ready and plan to make the switch.

I’ve been messing with the pool math app just to get a feel for it.

I’ll retest FC and CC now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.