Newbie in Cyprus.

Hi I’m new to this, bought a house last year with a pool. Lots to learn, so far no issues. Happy for any recommendations. Cheers. Vince
Welcome! How are you testing your water? Are you able to find Taylor Tests in cyprus?
Hi
my pool is rectangular, with Roman steps (fibre glass steps) the pool is 8x4 m plus the steps, around 10000 gallons. I’ve not had any luck finding Taylor’s tests yet. I’ve been using the test strips, and a PH and chlorine liquid test. I am very surprised at how quickly the chlorine disappears now the sun is out. Also sirprised at how quickly the water evaporates now the temperature has risen. I seem to have the PH and chlorine levels sorted now. Now keeping an eye on the CYA. The Roman steps at some time have had a repair done to them. looks as though they have had a small crack in them as they have had some fibreglass filler applied. This is quite ugly brown coloured on the white steps. Is there a paint that I can use on them without damaging the step? Cheers

vince

This is quite ugly brown coloured on the white steps. Is there a paint that I can use on them without damaging the step?
We don't normally find pool owners having much success with painting any part of the pool. But since you are referring to the fiberglass steps, you might check with some people who work on marine products in your area.