Newbie Here - Saltwater 5000 vs Saltwater 8000 vs Signature RTL

dcmpa

Jun 30, 2022
Eastern OK
Hey all! Thanks for this incredible forum. We've been in our house now for 4 years and it's time to fulfill our next goal of putting in a pool. It's just my wife and I, no kids or kids in the future. We've really grown towards using The Pool Factory. We are going to do and will always do a chlorine pool. We like the Signature RTL, I like the Saltwater 5000 a little more for more resin materials but the Saltwater 8000 looms out there too for that extra inch of ledge and support.

The details for us:
21' round
Planning on going with the Hayward S180T filter system (does any know if this is a 2 stage or single stage? Should we go for a 2 stage?)
Getting the unibead liner - I hear those are the best for replacing without taking parts of the pool off
Getting the cove foam and the floor liner to put over the sand for further protection

Lastly, we will be doing this pool semi inground. We live in an open country setting and I don't want the pool to be a wall to look at while we are porch sitting and watching the deer and sunsets. So the plan is doing a 24 inch bury all around.

Again, thanks for your help. I've been snooping around doing forum searches for a few weeks and I can't seem to find much info on the Signature RTL, or a comparison between the Saltwater 5000 and 8000.

Let's see if we can get this discussion going for you. I don't have personal experience with either salt system you are noting above, but whatever SWG you chose try to ensure it's rated for at least 2X the size of your pool. As for the single or 2-stage filter, I'm a bit confused. :scratch: By "stage" are you referring to the pump speed (single or 2-speed)? Is this one of those pump-filter combos?

Hey D and Welcome !!!

It might be a minute before anyone knows those pools. The models tend to change every other year and as soon as we've heard of one, somebody is already asking about the new-new one.

Post links to the models you like because even if we don't know the specific pool, we will understand the details about it.

If I was going through all the effort to put up a permanent above ground, I would want every inch to be resin now that they make resin walls too. Archeologists will find them intact one day, and any metal parts will eventually weather and fail. You can easily get 15+ years out of those metal parts, but how much will the next pool cost? It's so worth an extra $1500 (?) now.

Let's see if we can get this discussion going for you. I don't have personal experience with either salt system you are noting above, but whatever SWG you chose try to ensure it's rated for at least 2X the size of your pool. As for the single or 2-stage filter, I'm a bit confused. :scratch: By "stage" are you referring to the pump speed (single or 2-speed)? Is this one of those pump-filter combos?
You can see how new I am hahaha yes - 2 speed vs 1 speed lol

Great point - I didn’t realize they changed names around which makes sense why I can’t find much on the pools.

The two filter systems I’m looking at are

Your high to low price range is about $600. Spread over the life of the pool, it is peanuts per season and the 8000 has more forever parts. The extra water depth is real nice as well.

My vote is for the 1st equipment package. They are both 150lb sand filters and an even swap. The 1st pump is larger and 2 speed which will literally pay for itself, maybe even twice over its lifespan.

Your high to low price range is about $600. Spread over the life of the pool, it is peanuts per season and the 8000 has more forever parts. The extra water depth is real nice as well.

My vote is for the 1st equipment package. They are both 150lb sand filters and an even swap. The 1st pump is larger and 2 speed which will literally pay for itself, maybe even twice over its lifespan.

I'm starting to consider just doing the 8000. I feel the 5000 would be totally fine but it's one of those things where it's $350ish more for the 8000 vs 5000. After talking with The Pool Factory more, I agree the aquapro filter 2 speed system is the way to go.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.