Newbie from GA!

epridgen84

Sep 16, 2020
Savannah, GA
Hi-my name is Emily and I live in Southeast GA outside of Savannah with my husband and two children (age 5 & 9). We are planning to put in a concrete/saltwater pool in Feb/Mar 2021. It will be a 14x30 with 12x30 L shaped pool with a 6 foot tanning ledge entry into shallow area. I found out about TFP though a Saltwater Pools group online. Trying to learn as much as possible as we make decisions about our pool project and prepare to be new pool owners. Would love to hear from other pool owners in hot climates, like GA! We are considering adding a heat pump to extend our pool season as well. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!

Hey there Emily :) Welcome to Trouble Free Pools..... if its about pools, you'll find answers here.

Always nice to have another Georgian on board.....those Texas and Florida folks get kinda rowdy and our genteel southern ways here make for a nice read. <tic>

Maddie

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Hey Emily and Welcome !! Check out the ‘under construction’ sub forum. There is boat tons of builds that will keep you busy for quite some time. Start your own thread there and you’ll get just as many helpers helping as those before you.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
I am in North Atlanta but Hilton Head is my 2nd home. We have a little different climate then other states like Maddie said..Folks in AZ talking about 110 degree water! I am thrilled if mine makes 85 :)
I have a gas heater, hopefully some folks can chime in on he heat pump.
Also I think you are but with out a doubt get a SWG from day one..Pool builders don't seem to like them and will tell you they will ruin everything but not true..