Newbie - DIY 12 x 18ft Eternity Oval Semi Inground Pool

Cynthia in Canada

Mar 25, 2022
Canada
Hello!
Thanks for all the amazing support on this forum, 8/10 of my google searches bring me here...

We purchased an Eternity 12 x 18ft Oval Semi Inground Pool kit from Pool Supplies Canada. We received the pool kit a few weeks a go. I highly recommend Pool Supplies Canada, great prices and in stock products.

Before purchasing the kit, we had planned on building a pool ourselves out of cinderblocks. We saw the amazing DIY plunge pool build on U-tube and wanted to do the same here in Canada. However, after consult with many friends and trades folks, we decided that the cinderblock pool would not be suitable in our climate. Soooo, we then looked at Fiberglass plunge pools and received a few quotes over the winter. The price was so high and WAY out of our budget... We then stumbled across the semi inground pool kits, and decided to go for it, DIY!

Our plan is to do the excavation ourselves, pool set up/installation and plumbing ourselves. The electric and stonework we will hire contractors for.... We have rented a teeny tiny excavator for a week, we have 3 wheelbarrows and several shovels. We break ground this Friday!

I will post pictures and our pool story on this thread, as we progress. I will add our equipment list later today, we are still contemplating Salt or Liquid Chlorine, but we are leaning towards Salt.

We have a very small backyard, 25 x 40ft, so our little 12 x 18ft pool will serve us well, and seems like it will proportionate to the space. We live just East of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Cindy & Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely looking forward to pics. Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.