Newbie, but I'll give it a shot!

Like tex said , lower than slam level for your cya won’t cut it & using dichlor just increases the cya more which then raises the bar even more requiring more fc. This is why liquid chlorine is best for the slam.
Just for clarification - have u been cleaning the filter when pressure rises 25% over clean pressure? This can happen quite quickly since they filter such fine particles so some people have a spare filter so they can swap out quickly & always have a clean one ready to go.
Yes. In fact I have three filters I keep swapping out and cleaning.

Reactions: Mdragger88
A little motivation for the spring, my above ground pool following TFP advice
full

We have a lot of awesome pools here, and you or anyone else can too!

As others have said, start early next spring. I’d recommend opening almost as soon as the ice melts and it looks like it won’t get a solid freeze again. The cold water should make it easier to get a jump on the algae, and the cold temps and less UV also mean less loss of FC as you SLAM. Once it’s clear it’ll still be too cold to swim but the good news is maintaining it at that point is easy and you’ll have a clear blue pool to look at too.

Welcome, stick with it, and your family will love you next year!
Thank you so much. The reinforcement gives me the motivation I need. Your pool looks amazingly clear. Only a fantasy for me I feel like for my pool. Haha.

Reactions: jseyfert3