Newbie and bad weather (ice and snow) with solid cover?

Sagging is normal for that type of cover when it gets snow and ice on it.

That sag does not look like a lot in the pic. How much did you drain down the water? Did the water level increase due to rain? You might want to lower the water level more in the pool when you get a thaw. So it will take more load on the cover before the sag hits the water.

Did you winterize the pool and install the cover or did a pool company?

Sagging is normal for that type of cover when it gets snow and ice on it.

That sag does not look like a lot in the pic. How much did you drain down the water? Did the water level increase due to rain? You might want to lower the water level more in the pool when you get a thaw. So it will take more load on the cover before the sag hits the water.

Did you winterize the pool and install the cover or did a pool company?

No winterizing yet. Anything near freezing(which we only a had a few nights near it) I run the pool. The water is crystal clear for now. The pool level is normal level(mid skimmer). I put the pool cover on to keep as many of the leaves out as possible. I still have most of my oak trees with half the leaves still on.

With normal water level the cover will sag onto the water with a bit of snow or ice.

Here's my take. Don't worry about the sag as long as the springs all around the cover still have some room to compress, basically they're not maxed out so the cover can move with the weight. It helps to have the water up at the regular height, then the cover won't drop below that level thereby relieving unnecessary stress.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.