New wrinkles in liner after pool has been up for weeks?

May 7, 2017
Northern NJ
I am fairly confident our pool had no major wrinkles. I dewrinkled when we had a couple inches in the bottom and then the last time i vacuumed (from inside the pool) i walked the whole thing and i was pleased how smooth it was. Friday we had a ton of rain. We basically had a small moat around the outside of the pool but no channels running under. We had to lower the water twice as it got up to the top of the skimmer opening, but never above the skimmer. We have crushed stone, sand with a thin floor pad under our liner. our kids are 6 - 10 and can be kind of wild in the pool. Today i get in and i notice two wrinkles running parallel to each other about foot long. It is like the liner was pinched and pulled up a bit. How do wrinkles appear after the water is in and everything is set? Is the liner slipping on the pad? could the rain have done it? Should i just leave it alone or try the plunger? I searched the forum but it mostly was in ground folks with new wrinkles.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and a french drain is being put in tomorrow. We just were waiting on the contractor to do the retaining wall.

Wrinkling will not cause any long term damages. They can trap dirt and be unsightly to look at depending on how bad they are. Most people who use the pool will never notice them, let alone speak of them. I have a few that appeared over the winter. I have no idea why but they are there and I don't care. I just make sure I brush them to remove any dirt accumulation.

I have at least 5 new wrinkles form over last couple winters and i keep my water in line with TFP. the wrinkles are not toe catchers. They are just pinched together ever so slightly. They are seriously nothing to worry about! Enjoy your pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.