New vinyl pool in Andover Massachusetts

brota

Feb 16, 2017
Andover
Hello
I am starting to look into a vinyl pool either 18x36 or 16x32.
I have talked to several companies in my area.
Can anyone recommend a pool company who they trust who services Andover MA?
The problem is I am not at the point where I want references from them I am just looking for some good online reviews.

The two quotes I am looking at have almost a $5000 difference so I am not quite sure why or if they are really an apples to apples comparison.

I can list the vendors I am looking at but wasn't sure if that was cool to put on here.

Another question are deck supports worth the extra $800?

Thank you
Brian

Thank you I appreciate your help. For now I just put the 18x36 quotes. Knowing the smaller is about $1000-$2000 less. We are not looking for anything fancy for a pool
Please see below.

Company1 refered by someone who used them
$26000 18x36 includes tax.
Steel Walls
27Gauge liner
Rim locking coping
8 FT stairs
Underwater light
1 ladder
1 HP Hayward superpump
2 returns 2 drains 1 pipe for future pool cleaner
Automaticl Chlorinator
Starter chemicals
Vermiculite floor
Concrete footing
Silar blaner
Wall foam
pool access like vacume and brush
Rough area grade
Deck suport addon on $800
The usual cost for permits electrician etc..
Brushed concrete $9.5 sq ft
May be able to install in June
No sub contractor

Company 2 saw in local paper advertising but quote is direct
The base package for an 18x36 Rectangle, Grecian, or Oval Shape is $19999.00 (assuming taxes not included)
All labor to perform normal install and excavation
cement shallow and pool base deep end
27/20 mil liner
foam steel on wall and shallow end of pool
filer system sized to fit pool
8 ft resin stair
pool access like vacuum and brush
Light is $600
**spring specials*** free add-on below
Free Polymer Wall Upgrade ($1499.00 Value)
Free Gray Granite Step instead of White ($499.00 Value)
Free Matronics Pool Cleaner ($999.00 Value)
May be able to start in May
Brushed concrete $7.50 per sq
Uses sub for excavation and concrete

Company 3 someone I know used them.
Radiant pool
18' x 36' Rectangle pool installed fully In-Ground: $19,726.00 (assuming taxes not included)
Dig, Backfill & Compaction – pool footprint
▪ Flat Bottom, Sand Silt Compacted Base
▪ Standard Coping / Cantilever Ready
▪ Liner Choice: GLI Pool Liners 28/20 or 20 mil
▪ Skimmer (on radius wall) / 2 Return Jets
▪ 1- Drop in Stair – or – Choice of ladder
▪ Hayward Sand FIlter & Pump Package
▪ Salt System-Ready Plumbing
▪ Maintenance Accessories Complete
▪ Test Kit, Start Up Chemical Package
▪ Full Instruction on system & care "Pool School"
▪ Standard Winter Cover & Water Tubes
▪ 1st Closing & 1st Opening

(2) LED Light w/ transformer $1,180.00
Deep end add-on
8' Deep End with vermiculite bottom $4,900.00
6' Deep End with variable shallow end length – Sand base $3,700.00
OPTION: Upgrade to full 28 Mil liner +$ 437.00

There is not real mention of the equipment. Filter kind and size is VERY important, Pump-brand & model, valves to control the returns and skimmer.

Those are the kinds of things we look at for value and what is NEEDED for a pool depending on the size of the pool.

Kim:kim:

We're in Dracut and have a contract signed with Family Pools to start as soon as the ground thaws, we're first on their install list. My parents pool was installed by them about 20 years ago and couldn't be happier with the product and service. They have a great reputation as I know many others with pools from them, so I would definitely get an updated quote from them and put them in the mix.

Can I ask what kind of pool you are getting? What kind of bottom? Do you feel family pools uses quality products? I am waiting on a call back from them.

Thank you

Is there any company in the area to completely avoid?

MOD note: Please do not list negative "reviews" on the open board. You may use PM if you would like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask what kind of pool you are getting? What kind of bottom? Do you feel family pools uses quality products? I am waiting on a call back from them.

Thank you

Is there any company in the area to completely avoid?

MOD note: Please do not list negative "reviews" on the open board. You may use PM if you would like.

We're getting a steel wall, vermiculite bottom in the Aspen shape, it's kind of like a kidney with an extra hump, 23'x40' are the outside dimensions, but since it's not rectangle, that's not all square footage.

As I mentioned before, my family has a pool that was installed by Family Pools back in the 90s. There have been zero issues with that pool, and 1 liner replacement in that time frame. Family Pools has been around for a long time, they know what they're doing and have good customer service and a quality product. They do all their work in house, have their own excavation crew and plumbing crew, the only thing they sub out is electrical and plumbing for the heater if you do natural gas. They don't do patio work either, but they recommend a couple local guys that they work well with. We are using Triad for our hardscape, they're doing exposed aggregate decking, a retaining wall, and fire pit area with seating wall.

I'll send you a PM with a company that I know others in my neighborhood have used and did not like.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are going on our 5th season with ours and zero problems with any of the equipment they put in. When I had some wrinkles in my liner that the guys could not get out, the owner came out himself with scuba gear and went down there and got them all out. It was impressive to say the least.

We are in Mass although south coast. We put in a pool 1.5 years ago. Love it!!!! It was a 18x42 vinyl, double roman, Hayward superpump and DE filter. It was about 26k not including electrician. The following spring we did all pavers for decking. I did all the vinyl fence myself and needed a retaining wall I did myself. Also did salt SWG myself. In the end it actually all came out close to 50k.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.