New Tub- Jacuzzi J-345

Hi Everyone,

We have decided on the J-345 from Jacuzzi. It arrives on Wednesday along with the electrician.

I have my Taylor k-2006
Picked up 3 X 5 Litre jugs of Chlorine
Muriatic acid
Dichlor to start and get CYA into the tub

I told Jacuzzi to keep their mineral rod and give me a bottle of Ahh-Some instead. Surprisingly the Rep agreed.

Besides testing my tap water and being prepared to input number into the calculator, what are my next steps?

We are having a family X-Mas on Friday and will look to be in the tub. 5 kids, 6 adults may be alternating through the tub during day/night.

You should do the ahh-some even with a new tub because they test them at the factory and sit before purchase. You will love the Jacuzzi, ours is 2002 model and have only had minor problems.

Welcome!

First use Ahh-some with 6-7pm chlorine, run for 30 minutes, skim off brown foam, drain, rinse, clean tub, refill.

Add enough dichlor to get to shock level, I use 12ppm free CL on fresh fill. Pull pillows. Ahh-some residual will consume CL so keep an eye on CL level.

Test akalinity and adjust (target 50ppm) keeping in mind impact to PH. Run jets and blower to raise PH. Don't drop PH below 7.0 while bringing down akalinity, read - how to use chlorine in a hot tub sticky, good info about this.

Test hardness adjust to minimum of 150ppm.

Test CYA and keep using dichlor until 30ppm then convert to liquid.

I would test free CL pretty regularly to ensure it doesn't go to zero until you get a feel for daily chlorine consumption.

Consider adding borates to 30ppm.

Jump in and have fun but remember to add CL after bather load, start at 1-2 ppm per person until you get things dialed in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.