Endlessswimspa

Jul 20, 2022
San Diego
Hey, ya'll .,. so, happy to learn of this organization! I acquired my swim spa in 2020, installed it in 2021, and have been thoroughly enjoying and self-maintaining it for over a year. I have accomplished consistent clear odor-free water but I am having difficulty keeping the Alkalinity and PH in the preferred zones on the test sticks. The Spa-Up and Spa-down chemicals used seem to have little to no effect. In addition, I have not replaced half of the water after one year as recommended in the Maintenance program. A recent discussion with a spa sales associate suggested that I shouldn't be too concerned with that as long as the water is clear, and to just keep doing what I'm doing and "maybe" replace half the water in another six months. Looking forward to your input .,.

Welcome to TFP.

You will find it frustrating to maintain water chemistry using test strips. You need a real test kit like the Taylor K-2006C or TFT Hayward Aquarite Flow Sensor shows flow even when pump is off.

You need to learn how TA affects pH but the first step is having an accurate read on your TA level.

While waiting for your test kits I suggest you read the links in...