New to the forum! / New build in Austin, TX

kazamali

May 28, 2020
Austin, TX
Hi folks,

I found this forum researching lighting options and thought I'd post pics the time-lapse of my first pool build. It started back in late Oct and finished last month. I didn't have the optimal angle at first, but still pretty neat.

Link Deleted..

Thanks and looking forward to participating here!

-Kazam

Last edited:
Thats a great looking pool. Can you tell us what plaster you have? Also is that a sundek coating on the concrete or a stamp? I like the look of that.

Hi! another question about your lovely pool design! What pool coping did you use? I am leaning towards the Franciscan Tan myself and yours looks great together with your coping!

Hi! another question about your lovely pool design! What pool coping did you use? I am leaning towards the Franciscan Tan myself and yours looks great together with your coping!
Thanks! It's all Travertine and has nice, natural pits / veining that keep it from looking too "plain". We thought it would look nice together with the tan deck color, but it forced us to go with darker furniture to contrast it a bit. FYI, the dek and coping get super hot in 95+ degree weather, but I just tell folks to splash water on it or just get in the frigging pool. :p

Thanks! It's all Travertine and has nice, natural pits / veining that keep it from looking too "plain". We thought it would look nice together with the tan deck color, but it forced us to go with darker furniture to contrast it a bit. FYI, the dek and coping get super hot in 95+ degree weather, but I just tell folks to splash water on it or just get in the frigging pool. :p
What color Travertine? Ivory? I have a 2' x 2' sample of the sundek and I noticed that it does get hotter than my cement, but only in temperatures that are 100+ degrees LOL so maybe have a couple pairs of flip flops sitting in the shade for emergencies! LOL I'll be in the sun shelf the whole time!!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What color Travertine? Ivory? I have a 2' x 2' sample of the sundek and I noticed that it does get hotter than my cement, but only in temperatures that are 100+ degrees LOL so maybe have a couple pairs of flip flops sitting in the shade for emergencies! LOL I'll be in the sun shelf the whole time!!!!!
I ran outside and took a couple of quick shots...hopefully they'll illustrate the color a bit better

Attachments

• IMG_20200804_140619.jpg
    IMG_20200804_140619.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20200804_140628.jpg
    IMG_20200804_140628.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 96
I ran outside and took a couple of quick shots...hopefully they'll illustrate the color a bit better
Yes, i love the color! Thank you for the new pics. But what is the name of the color?(That is, if you can remember)

We have a couple choices here that look similar, one is Ivory and the other is light walnut, but only one piece of each so it's hard to tell.

and I love your pool finish😍...the glass was too much of an upgrade for us 😕

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.