New to the forum...8 year pool store visitor :)

Update...

Finally! My guess is the crummy weather in Central Illinois aided the process (pool temp is currently 62 degrees :(), but the water is clear and no overnight drop in Chlorine. I've learned my lesson and will not let this happen again. What a pain in the arse.

Question...the FC is sitting at 16 right now. I've added 8oz to bring it up to 17. I'm heading out of town this afternoon, and will be back sometime late Wednesday or mid-day Thursday. Given the pool temp, cool weather, and current chlorine level, do you think I'm ok to leave the water alone for a few days? I suppose I could have my wife or kids add some chlorine if need be.

Had to scroll back for a CYA level, but it appears you're at 50.

Target is 8ppm for 50ppm CYA.

As long as you have passed the SLAM 3 criteria, you're good.

You can safely wait till you're at target for your CYA. Which is 8ppm. I would suggest aiming for that or even 1ppm above if you intend to never SLAM again. I would suggest doing another CYA test as well.

Thank you for Pool Math Logs!

Question...the FC is sitting at 16 right now. I've added 8oz to bring it up to 17. I'm heading out of town this afternoon, and will be back sometime late Wednesday or mid-day Thursday. Given the pool temp, cool weather, and current chlorine level, do you think I'm ok to leave the water alone for a few days? I suppose I could have my wife or kids add some chlorine if need be.
I think your will be just fine.
We have done that several times for a long weekend this year with the pump turned off, and have returned to a crystal clear pool every time.

Ready to close the pool up. I'm all out of liquid chlorine, but I know I'll need about a jug to get it up to SLAM levels. If I purchased a 4 pack, will the remaining jugs go bad over the winter? I haven't tried Walmart to see if they carry individual jugs. It's probably going to be slim pickings this time of year.

Thanks

I bought 12.5% for $2.50 at an end of season sale last year and stored it all winter. It did not lose much of its strength and I figured usually 8 or 10% sells at that cost so I wasn't out anything. This year I bought 4 gallons of 10% in September, have only 2 left - 1 to use for the closing SLAM and 1 to store for over the winter months. (We also use bleach for running the dishwasher and laundry. So it won't go to waste.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.