New to TFT, Looking for the Perfect Pebble Color!

ebhender

Jun 8, 2019
Escondido, CA
Hi all - I've been hunting around the threads in here for a while and finally decided to join. We're in the final stages of our pool I'm San Diego and have mostly been stressing about Stonescapes Mini Pebble color lately! Thanks so much for all the info that is already here! Pool Builder is pushing Tahoe Blue, but we went and saw a pool today with Tahoe and didn't like how grey it was on the Baja shelf and the water looked a little green. Granted it was overcast, but it's too big of an investment to settle! We think Midnight Blue may be a little dark. We're thinking of asking for Reverse Tahoe, but a little uncomfortable with a custom color!
If anyone is in the North County San Diego area and has a Stonescapes pool they wouldn't mind my wife and I checking out, we would love the opportunity! Seeming to narrow it down to Tahoe, Midnight, or Tropics Blue. Saw some nice pics of Aqua Blue, but some make it look very bright, and not sure what goes well with our natural stone coping and ledger.
Again, thanks already for all the great info on here. Can't wait to be lounging on the Baja with a cold beer!
Eric

Attachments

• 20190607_160232.jpg
    20190607_160232.jpg
    632.8 KB · Views: 27
Hey Eric! Welcome to TFP! :wave: Looks like you've had no "bites" on your question, so I at least wanted to welcome you to our forum. Hope your project is moving along smoothly. Keep in touch and let us know how it all turns out. Thanks for using the forum.

Hi all - I've been hunting around the threads in here for a while and finally decided to join. We're in the final stages of our pool I'm San Diego and have mostly been stressing about Stonescapes Mini Pebble color lately! Thanks so much for all the info that is already here! Pool Builder is pushing Tahoe Blue, but we went and saw a pool today with Tahoe and didn't like how grey it was on the Baja shelf and the water looked a little green. Granted it was overcast, but it's too big of an investment to settle! We think Midnight Blue may be a little dark. We're thinking of asking for Reverse Tahoe, but a little uncomfortable with a custom color!
If anyone is in the North County San Diego area and has a Stonescapes pool they wouldn't mind my wife and I checking out, we would love the opportunity! Seeming to narrow it down to Tahoe, Midnight, or Tropics Blue. Saw some nice pics of Aqua Blue, but some make it look very bright, and not sure what goes well with our natural stone coping and ledger.
Again, thanks already for all the great info on here. Can't wait to be lounging on the Baja with a cold beer!
Eric
What did you decide to go with? Ours is being done tomorrow am and we went with a custom blend and I’m so nervous! I kept seeing green in every pool with Tahoe blue, midnight was too dark and tropics was too light. We were really leaning towards the reverse Tahoe but it still looks green sometimes. We were told the green color comes from the gold pebbles (yellow pebbles+blue water=green pool). So we decided to eliminate all gold pebble and replace with white. And we are adding Puerto Rico blend beads to hopefully add more blue. I’ll post pictures once it’s done

What did you decide to go with? Ours is being done tomorrow am and we went with a custom blend and I’m so nervous! I kept seeing green in every pool with Tahoe blue, midnight was too dark and tropics was too light. We were really leaning towards the reverse Tahoe but it still looks green sometimes. We were told the green color comes from the gold pebbles (yellow pebbles+blue water=green pool). So we decided to eliminate all gold pebble and replace with white. And we are adding Puerto Rico blend beads to hopefully add more blue. I’ll post pictures once it’s done

Can’t wait to see your pool!! Sounds like it will be beautiful with white and Puerto Rico blend beads!