New to TFPC

So I got a bottle of 250mg at CVS today and they are small pills. I tried the sock method and laying them on the stain bit water flow kept moving them. Either I need higher potency or the stains are hard core.

These were under water with my s5. I feel a raised bump where the white part is almost like calcium deposit. These arent the worst, just the ones i could get to easily without removing my katchakid net.

View attachment 38501
View attachment 38502
View attachment 38503

My algae is back.

FC 4.0
CC 0.0
TA 90
PH 8.0
CYA 50
CH 200

I raised the chlorine up to 16 tonight to start the slam again. Removed the vacuum and cleaned out the skimmers. I hope I don't have to deal with this very long.

Did that happen during the stain removal? If the chlorine was lowered during that (which it usually is since a reducing agent is used), then did you use Polyquat 60? That helps prevent algae growth during the procedure. At any rate, your pH is way too high right now and that is likely to reintroduce stains especially if you SLAM. Lower the pH significantly before raising the chlorine level -- at least down to 7.4 though 7.2 would be safer given your staining potential. Also note that higher chlorine levels will break down any metal sequestrant faster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.