Concord, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi everyone, I’m Gavin Burke. We had a new gunite pool built last year, first filled on July 9, 2021. I spent the first summer testing with the 7 way strips the pool builder left us with…….ignorance was bliss!

After having trouble getting good readings with the test strips I began going to Leslie’s for a “free water check”. Ended up spending lots of money on lots of STUFF! Water was ok but I wanted to make sure and double check their test results as we use the pool daily and have a Labrador who thinks we built it just for him. I ended up finding TFP at the beginning of May this year and you guys changed everything! I bought a K-2006 test kit and started devouring the excellent information in Pool School and searching the forum for questions that were lingering in my mind.

I stopped the weekly shocking and other unnecessary chemicals recommended by the pool store, cranked up my CYA and free chlorine per your chart, dropped combined chlorine to 0, raised my calcium hardness and got the total alkalinity in check. Now I have truly balanced water and keep the CSI within spec.

I still have lots of questions and things to learn about our pool. Maintaining and adjusting the SWG and fighting my new nemesis the Zodiac MX8 pool sweep are next on my list.
This is an awesome website. I have neighbors all around with pools on the edge of turning green that are maintained by once a week pool services. You have given me the tools to take care of my pool myself and do a darn good job of it and be ready to use whenever we want.

Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
Welcome GBurke ! Sounds as if you are convinced that TFPC methods DO Work! And, they do, if you allow yourself to comply... There is a world of information in Pool School and the TFP Wiki, as well as browsing Forum Posts of various topics of interest. The Moderators and experienced users will be more than accommodating if you post specific questions you need help with. Enjoy ! :cheers:

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta