New to TFP method

So FC was 4 at 630 this morning, I added 4 more gallons of bleach, restested just now FC 10....I have to get it to 16...gah! More bleach I guess...it should take 32 drops to get the test sample clear for FC of 16, right?

Keep in mind, the SLAM Process isn't a one-time addition of chlorine. You add to get to SLAM level, which is Shock Level (SL) in SLAM, and then And Maintain (AM) to keep it at that level. Test as often as you can, up to once every 30 minutes, and each test you add enough to get back to SLAM level. Brush and vacuum often. :)

Ok...I passed all the criteria to be done with the slam! I’m happy about that! Since the chlorine is good now, I thought I better do all the tests in my kit and see where I’m at with the other stuff
FC 5.5
CC 0
PH 7.4
TA 110
CH 90
CYA 50
IDK what happened to my TA and CH, they were 70 and 120 when I started the SLAM...ugh! Maybe I am doing these tests wrong?

Ok, I have passed all the criteria to be done with the SLAM! Yay! I thought I better check where I’m at with all the other stuff, and this is what I got..
FC 5.5
CC 0
CYA 50
TA 110
CH 90
PH 7.4

Idk what happened to the TA and CH they were 70 and 120 when I started?? Am I doing these tests wrong? FC was 10 this morning, we had the Kreepy in the pool all night and backwashed twice today and it was 191degrees, so I guess that’s why the FC went down. We are adding water now, and I guess a little more bleach...idk what to do about the other stuff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.