New to pools in Canada - Questions

Jputtick

May 21, 2022
Markham
We have a soft sided 12x24’x52” Coleman pool I’m putting up this weekend. We are located is Ontario Canada. I will be running the factory filter for a few weeks until I figure out the Hayward sand filter, pump and gas heater. I have a few questions regarding plumbing of above.
1). What distance can I place the pump etc from the pool and not cause circulation issues or over working the 1.5 HP pump?
2). Does the water run through the heater when not being used or can I put a bypass and valve in?
3). Where do people buy Scd 40 hard piping and fittings etc as our box stores don’t seem to carry it?

Sorry for the rookie questions here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP! :wave:
1 - Depends on elevation changes and/or water demands. But if you're on relatively level ground with basically just the return jets, a 1/5HP pump should move water adequately quite a distance.
2 - You can bypass (good idea) but you'll have to run the bypass lines and valve.
3 - Hopefully some others up north can help you with this one. I'll modify your thread title in hopes of getting some locals to help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.