New to pools, found the liner pulling away

Dec 20, 2018
Lockport NY
Bought a house with a 28' above ground pool that was winterized by the previous owner. While looking around noticed the liner pulling away in a spot.

How screwed am I? I'm not sure if that is new winter damage or was there for a bit.
I saw the pool open.

Pictures attached

Attachments

• 20181220_135550.jpg
    20181220_135550.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 20181220_140607.jpg
    20181220_140607.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 90
Looks like the wall is actually pulled out of the top rail. As John said, take some pics a little further away and maybe we can tell what's happening.

If you're lucky you can just take a few of the top rails off and fix it.

Looks like the wall is actually pulled out of the top rail. As John said, take some pics a little further away and maybe we can tell what's happening.

If you're lucky you can just take a few of the top rails off and fix it.

I'll try and take some more pics later, but yeah...the attached pics are looking at the underside of the rail, and the liner has come off in that spot.

I guess the question is, is that an easy fix?

I'd wait til spring to fix this. It could be fairly simple. If its not, you may need a liner replacement if you dont have enough to pull over the wall (could continue to slip and cause issues).

I'd wait til spring to fix this. It could be fairly simple. If its not, you may need a liner replacement if you dont have enough to pull over the wall (could continue to slip and cause issues).

While doing some research I've seen that usually when the wall and liner divorce themselves from the top rail it can be an uneven pool, caused by the wall/post dropping. I'm hoping that it's just winter freeze that did it and I can have it repaired in the spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.