New To Pool Ownership Just Tested My Water

Teamwagy

Jun 8, 2023
Shreveport La
I hope this post is in the right location on the forum, I am brand new!

Hello! I recently purchased a home that came with a 24 foot round above ground pool. I purchased a TF Pro test kit and I have ran all of the tests on my water. I am looking for recommendations on how to correct the issues I have. Mind you the water at time of testing is crystal clear.

Daily chlorine test: 0
Daily PH test: 7.8
Chlorine Drop Test: 0 (water remained clear)
Calcium Hardness: 250 ppm
Total Alkalinity: 80
CYA: 0 (water remained clear and black dot remained visible)

Question 1: I am aware I need CYA from 30-50, what should I buy to add CYA and roughly how much does my size pool need?
Question 2: besides no chlorine and no cya, do the other tests check out or is there more action that needs to be taken?

Thank you for your help everyone!

Your pool is going to come in at around 13,000 gallons.

Add half a gallon of 12.5% liquid chlorine, poured slowly in front of a return jet.

Add dry stabilizer by filling a sock and hanging in front of a return jet with the pump on. After 30 minutes, start squeezing it every so often. Start with 3.5 lbs.

Once the stabilizer is dissolved, check FC levels and bump up to a maintain a minimum of 6ppm. Use PoolMath to figure out how much liquid chlorine that is.

Then run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

Your other numbers are fine.

Reactions: PoolStored
Your pool is going to come in at around 13,000 gallons.

Add half a gallon of 12.5% liquid chlorine, poured slowly in front of a return jet.

Add dry stabilizer by filling a sock and hanging in front of a return jet with the pump on. After 30 minutes, start squeezing it every so often. Start with 3.5 lbs.

Once the stabilizer is dissolved, check FC levels and bump up to a maintain a minimum of 6ppm. Use PoolMath to figure out how much liquid chlorine that is.

Then run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

Your other numbers are fine.
Thank you so much for your reply! The poolmath app suggests FC of 1-3 ppm, should I change the target to 6 ppm as you have suggested?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.