New to Board opening question?

jck said:
Not to thread jack here but I would like to know whats wrong with using the well to refill pool. i took out like 3/4 last week an filled it backup using the well. Dont want to mess up the well.
I remember a while back reading a post where it took somebody on the order of a week to refill the pool because they couldn't pull more than a few thousand gallons per day out of the well. It was plenty for normal household use but not enough to refill a pool in a day. I don't know what all kinds of problems come up if you try to draw more than the well is happy to provide, but the guy made it sound unpleasant.

Whether this matters depends on the well; there's no way for anybody to be able to tell from here. You need to talk to somebody local who knows about wells.

(Well water can also contain minerals that cause problems; iron is most common, next is probably calcium. It's worth knowing what's in your well water.)
--paulr

BACK TO THE WATER!!!!!

After about 20 hours of the fllter running and 2 back-washes the pool is clearing up, NO more greenish tint now just a little cloudy. Was not able to do the overnight test but did add 1 gal of bleach prior to Bed, 11pm. Hoping that will last till noon today. Will recheck the numbers then at the PS.

Now just need to get it Crystal clear...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.