New test results - Do I need to SLAM?

tavacska

Jul 17, 2019
Houston, TX
This is a SWG pool with 19k gallons. T15 salt cells and 2.5 HP single speed pump.

I got my first Taylor 2006 and here is my results:
Salt - 3000 (3200 preferred)
CYA - 40
TA - 110
PH - 7.4
FC - 2.5 ( pump runing 4 hour/day 100% SWG, Houston, TX)
CC - 0.5
CH - 300 (plaster pool)

Some numbers are off, especially the CYA. The previous owner is using it as a fresh water pool and has a tablets feeder available. But the salt cell still working good.
There are already green algae appearing on some walls, not much but noticeable.

My question is,
1. since the algae is not a mass production. Do I have to SLAM the pool? If I need to SLAM the pool, I will keep the current CYA. If I don't have to, I will start increasing CYA to 70.
2. The system has a tablet feeder. Can I use the 3" tables with CYA first until the CYA climbs to 70 and then start to transfer to the SWG?

Thanks.

Yes, you should do a SLAM process. Not all algae is green and stuck on walls. Your water may just appear dull from the algae (along with the green growing..) SLAM Process

I would say "no" to the puck feeder. Until you get your algae under control, at least.

Why is your FC so low? that's just inviting algae to move in. Follow the FC/CYA guide--> FC/CYA Levels

Either you turn your pump hours on more, or you add some liquid chlorine to your daily pool care. But 4 hrs at 100% ain't cutting it for you in July, in Houston, in the hot sun with algae. Use PoolMath to help--> PoolMath

Maddie :flower:

Thanks, Maddie.

The pool is not algae bloomed yet. The water is crystal clear, except there are debris in the shade upstairs that the cleaner can not reach. Some patches of wall are covered with green algae, about 3 places 3' x 4'.

I did the test on last early evening and redo the test this early morning. FC 2.5, CC 0.5 the same results as last evening, no SWG turned on. Does it mean it passed the overnight 1.0 FC consumption?

The FC is low because of the pump running time. It was my mistake. It (2.5HP) was running for two months 12 hr/day with 60% SWG(now tuned to 100%). And the electric bill is 80 bucks more than normal. I am still testing the running time for the pump these days. I will raise the FC to 5-6 first this week to see if the algae problem will die.

I would suggest doing another OCLT tonight. Test your evening FC. Then brush those areas of algae vigorously. Test your FC level the next morning.

Remember, if you have visible algae, you need to follow the SLAM Process

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.