Northlake TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My original T-100 test kit had a smaller pH/CL tester so I bought this Taylor 9056 which is much larger and has integrated CYA test ability. I really like the wider range of numbers on the pH side which was my real reason for the purchase. However, I think its broken because I don't really get any better readings in the dark :)

All kidding aside I think its a great addition to my set of toys...

ByWg+2AJSQOkN2534gSq8g.jpg

I won't use the CL side except for CYA testing, at least thats the plan. As for the range yep its smaller but i don't care if its below 7 because I will never go there (on purpose) and won't go above 8 (again on purpose). The T-100 is a great kit and I won't trade it for anything else (at least not yet). I look at the 9056 as a new tool in the pool garage for those who have there water under control. What I do like is the range from 7.0 to 8.0 being 7.2, 7.4, 7.6, 7.8. Finally yes I had to buy a different regent R-0004.

At the end of the day another inexpensive pool toy :)

I too use this Taylor caparator but I use it with my hot tub because I test the FC and pH while in the spa and don't want to use the
DPD powder when wet. The R-0004 reagent is the same as used in the K-2006 pH test with the 44ml water volume.

I won't use the CL side except for CYA testing, at least thats the plan. As for the range yep its smaller but i don't care if its below 7 because I will never go there (on purpose) and won't go above 8 (again on purpose). The T-100 is a great kit and I won't trade it for anything else (at least not yet). I look at the 9056 as a new tool in the pool garage for those who have there water under control. What I do like is the range from 7.0 to 8.0 being 7.2, 7.4, 7.6, 7.8. Finally yes I had to buy a different regent R-0004.

At the end of the day another inexpensive pool toy :)

+1 :cheers:

Also, I like to use the 9056 for CYA and compare it to the standard see-through tube for CYA measurement. Since this can be a hard test to feel confident about, it allows 2 different readings from the same treated water sample. I find that the frosted tube in the 9056 almost always reads about 10ppm higher CYA than the transparent tube.

I also use the 9056 for pH readings. I find it's a bit easier to read pH. I have done a number of side by side comparisons on the CYA test and I found that I got the same reading with either it or the TF-100 cya tester.

Dodger I tested my CYA with both and the 9056 was indeed 10 higher...I will test again next month!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.