New Tallman fiberglass pool being installed

toofast said:
Hey Pool Water looks great :) Congrats on the project...my PB says the ground is too wet and we are in a waiting game...but there is rain for the next 10 days. I will never have a finished pool.....

thanks, water does look great, it isnt close to balanced but I will start with stabilizer this evening and then salt and get tested later

toofast said:
My pool is exactly at the same state as yours....waiting for concrete pour, have a fiberglass as well.

All I gotta say, SORRY - but 3' around the pool will make you crazy. I have 4 laid out and it still feels a bit tight. I know it might put you over budget....just to give you an idea, attached is my proposed plan. Not that you need all this, just giving you some design ideas. I have 1' of paver coping and then 3' of concrete to bring sides to 4' (might go bigger)

[attachment=0:32sehoui]pool patio - update 3.jpg[/attachment:32sehoui]

I was trying to save money with a small deck but in end made it 7' on 3 sides with a large area at one end, out here I want to be able to move chairs anywhere on the deck to get the sun / shade as needed, downside was the deck cost $18,000.

harleysilo said:
Looks really nice, gonna be a shame to fence it in. Got any more pics?

I will get some more pics to share, wife and I were out there, I proposed adding a gate at the bottom of deck stairs to meet the code, but she wants the fence to keep the dogs out of the pool, aesthetically I dont thing it will be great

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
harleysilo said:
Have you countered with Invisble fence for the dogs?

On a side note, I bought a motion sensing water sprinkler to keep my dog from running up to my fence and barking at neighbors dogs, works great.....

Interesting ideas, not sure how she would be with the invisible fence if it shocks the dogs at all, had never heard of motion sensing sprinklers, the entertainment options seem endless

My kids are swimming right now. Y'all should hit it up! The sprinklers would work great at keeping dog away from that area, they are $50 each, and you have to run a hose to them. Course you'd have to turn them off when you want to walk out there or run for your life! I need 2 more now. You'd need at least two as well. After my dog gets trained ill see if I can remove it.

harleysilo said:
My kids are swimming right now. Y'all should hit it up! The sprinklers would work great at keeping dog away from that area, they are $50 each, and you have to run a hose to them. Course you'd have to turn them off when you want to walk out there or run for your life! I need 2 more now. You'd need at least two as well. After my dog gets trained ill see if I can remove it.

We have 2 labs, I am not sure anything other than a barrier/fence will keep them out, though perhaps some shock treatments would teach them

WWells said:
CUTiger78 said:
Greetings and welcome.

I'm getting the popcorn ready, though, 'cause each time I see a fibreglass pool thread, I think of this one: http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-fiberglass-pool-is-full-of-cracks-help-t43101.html

Best wishes!

how was your popcorn?

:thumbdown:
I had to go watch World War Z to enjoy my popcorn. (The popcorn was great; the movie - not so much....) Success stories like yours aren't dramatic enough to be as enthralling as Mr. Caswell's fibreglass pool saga.

Your project should be the poster child for the success we all dream of. And the pool is as enticing as any I've seen here on TPF!

:goodjob: Cheers!

Glad our Fiberglass install went as smoothly as this OP's did! :snorkle:

I'm really surprised by such negativity towards fiberglass pools. We read a bazillion posts here from vinyl and gunite pool owners who have problems, yet no one tosses out such broad sweeping negative sentiments about those types of pools (thankfully). :shock:

For the record, one reason we chose fiberglass was that we read that algae has a harder time taking hold on the smooth sides of fiberglass. Of course we also hadn't known about BBB pool upkeep at that time but we've never had algae so I'm happy for whatever reason.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.