New SWG Pool start up in progress

So, I took a sample down to Leslie's and watched them perform the tests. Since the kit I got w the pool does not test CYA. It's a Pentair Rainbow and no telling how old the reagents are.
Test results with their K-2006.
FC 5
CYA 60....should I try to get closer to 80 since this is what protects the FC,
TA 80......should I raise this to more mid scale like 100 0r even 120
PH 7.4
My test for TA is 140, that's a big difference, but could possible be old reagent too.
The water looks clear other than the fact that I need to run the robotic and clean it. Still sand in bottom from construction.

What did the chlorine test look like? Pretty rare that they would use the K2006.

Anyway, if you want to trust their tests, yes the CYA should come up a bit. Leave the TA it is at a good level for SWG pools.

Any thoughts on the TA test difference from mine of 140 and Leslie's of 80.
I will say that I dont know how old my test kit chemicals are, it came with the pool.
Water looks clear, got some adjusting to do with looking into that dark blue color of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Test w new Taylor
Fc 6
TA 100..110
PH 7.6.....7.8
CYA 30
Leslies results
Fc 6
TA 80
Ph 7.8
Cya 35
So I guess its time to turn back the aquarite from 80 to 70%.
And add a little conditioner using poolmath.
Input would be great

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

You got it, I am guessing you will have to turn the SWG down even more once you raise the CYA up into the recommended range.

Keep an eye on the pH as it is going to tend to rise due to your higher TA and high SWG output.

Yep I understand
I have added 1 lb dose in 2 hour increments. It's been 2 1/2 hours since last dose. Should I go ahead and check CYA or wait till later this evening and give it more time to circulate.
I am running 1500 RPM which will turn over water approx 5 times in 12 hours
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

So I woke up this morning and performed a test with results as show.
FC 18
TA 120
PH 7.4
CYA 78
SALT reading on Aqua Rite panel 3900 is higher than stated in the manual as max.
I did FC test twice to confirm results. I also lowered the desired output from 60 to 30%
Should I leave FC alone and just turn off the SWG for a couple of days? My system does not have a timer on it for pump control. It runs at 1000 RPM right now, only draws 94 watts.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.