New SWG build in Southwest. Acid question

Enzman

Dec 30, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
The only pool store I have in the area is Leslie's. I haven't been in there but their website says they don't carry MA anymore? They have a different liquid product that does the same thing but it's $11/gallon? What would your approach be if you were me? I see that dry acid is popular but not really sure how to price compare currently. I swear I remember only 2 years ago MA being in the $3-$4 range at the pool store? Where is everyone buying it and what are they paying?

The only pool store I have in the area is Leslie's. I haven't been in there but their website says they don't carry MA anymore? They have a different liquid product that does the same thing but it's $11/gallon? What would your approach be if you were me? I see that dry acid is popular but not really sure how to price compare currently. I swear I remember only 2 years ago MA being in the $3-$4 range at the pool store? Where is everyone buying it and what are they paying?
I get it a Lowe's and pay about $13 for a 2-gallon pack

If they have stopped selling that would be news to me. I don’t see how that could be true. Seems like it’s always around 16-17 for two gallons of 29%. I normally get mine at Sundevil pool supply about $15 for two gallons and 31%. Where in the southwest are you located? I’m in Gilbert.

Last edited:
If

If they have stopped selling that would be news to me. I don’t see how that could be true. Seems like it’s always around 16-17 for two gallons of 29%. I normally get mine at Sundevil pool supply about $15 for two gallons and 31%. Where in the southwest are you located? I’m in Gilbert.
Las Vegas. How does dry acid compare? Is there a calculator?

Dry acid is not recommended to be used in a pool where frequent acid additions are needed. The sulfates from the dry acid build up and will cause corrosion on metal parts (especially SWCG's or any stainless steel) and will damage concrete (plaster).
Home Depot carries muriatic acid. In the garden center. Should be 31.45% but check the box.

• Love
Reactions: Enzman
Here in Las Vegas, you can get MA from Home Depot or Lowes. I have found both big box stores sell 14.5% MA out in their pool sections. In addition, you can search for "Leslie's Pro" on your map program (google maps or apple maps). Leslie's Pro stores sells 29% for $17.99 for a 2-pack.

Reactions: Enzman
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.