New SWCG with minimal instruction from installer

M,

Your cell will increase your FC by 6 ppm per day if the output is set to 100% and the pump is run for 24 hours..

I say this because most new SWCG users start out not running the SWCG long enough to produce the amount of chlorine they need. It is much better to generate too much and then turn it down, rather than trying to bring the FC up...

I guesstimate that your pool will use about 2 ppm per day.. To generate 2 ppm, you will need to run your pump for 8 hours and have the cell set to 100% output.. I would start at that level and see what happens.. If the FC is above your target you can lower the % or reduce the run time...

Before you start the SWCG, make sure that the FC is brought up using Liquid Chlorine and then start the cell running..

Make sure you keep your FC per this chart... FC/CYA Levels (Make sure you are using the Saltwater table..)

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hey Jim, when you have a chance...would you mind breaking down my chlorine production for my SWG like you have done for many others? Thanks!
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.