New SWCG install, just one oops!

mepot101

May 25, 2019
Orlando, Fl
Whats wrong with this picture? Lucky I had enough pipe to cut and install the threaded nut, then glue in a union. The rest of the install went as expected, and it works!!! Circu pool RJ30+ from Discount Salt.
Starting and finished pic included.
One tip...... Don't add your salt until you get your salt test kit K1766. I just could not wait, so I added 7 bags to get a head start. Per everything I read, I needed approx 11 bags. Then my kit arrived, and my salt level was right at 3600! I guess just using liquid chlorine was adding more salt than I would have expected. I now have a lifetime supply of salt! Maybe I can use it in my water softener.
Checked my levels today and turned the unit down, my chlorine level is too high.

Just wanted to add a thanks to everyone on this site, I don't post much, but I can find all the answers I need here, the knowledge and experience of all the members here is invaluable.
IMG_20210515_112040.jpgIMG_20210515_095044.jpgIMG_20210515_131435.jpgIMG_20210515_112040.jpgIMG_20210515_095044.jpgIMG_20210515_131435.jpg

Very nice clean setup. Thank heavens you had enough pipe to glue in another coupler. I've made that mistake before myself with a double union ball valve. I ended up heating the inside pipe and peeling out the inside with a needle nose pliers so I could get the union back in place.

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Check page 15 of the manual at the bottom, you may want to rotate the cell so the "bulge" is down. Something about efficient Cl production.
I saw that, but they mention doing that if you have insufficient flow. All the ones I have seen pics of show the bulge side up. ? It is working good as is, anybody have an opinion about this???

I saw that, but they mention doing that if you have insufficient flow. All the ones I have seen pics of show the bulge side up. ? It is working good as is, anybody have an opinion about this???
I figured less like to get a bubble with it in the lower position.

Reactions: Oly
Thanks Mepot. :) I've never goofed with the pool plumbing, (er,..... yet) but I promise you I have made that mistake 100 times in every other medium possible.

Oh........ huh ? Where does this part go ??? DOH !!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

I just finished my RJ30+ install and I was SO paranoid about doing that. Before any glue went on I was double checking everything! As for the cell orientation, I inverted mine since it was recommended for variable speed or two speed pumps if you're running at lower speed. If it's working for you, I'd probably leave it alone.

I feel ya! I totally forgot one of the blue rings too, but luckily I caught it literally a second after I slid the flange on. I had JUST enough time to say a bad word, pull it apart, pop the ring on, give it another swipe of fresh cement (just in case) and slide the flange back on.

Reactions: Chuckiechan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good job...I have done that before and it is a sick feeling when you realize what you just did.

You will end up using the salt. I had my pool salt level perfect last year when the water turned cold enough that I turned the SWG off for the winter. This spring when the water warmed up enough to turn it back on I checked with my taylor kit and ended up adding 3 bags to get it back up to 3200, lots of ran/snow over the winter caused lots of my water to go out the overflow pipes, thus loosing salt. Then fast forward to last weeked...I had to add another 4 bags because we have had a stupid wet spring and I have sent more water out the overflow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.