New SW Austin Pool Build

LOL at the bubble snapping! Do yours even get on the tanning ledge?

Any idea when the diver will be there? That is a shame but good for you for sticking to it!

Kim
My GSP will get on the tanning ledge, lay down, chill out, etc. but absolutely no attempts at swimming. My Aussie will barely take a drink out of the pool, and only then if no one is anywhere near him at the time. It's sad because my neighbors Aussie is a pool shark. He'll follow you off the diving board, swim everywhere and mostly just chase you around. That's when you have to dive down and swim a different direction to throw him off.

My dogs just run around the pool constantly while he's swimming, like he has some kind of magical power they can't figure out.

No idea about the diver. I'll follow up next week.

Bummer about your finish. We have one tiny area in our Primera Stone finish that is a little rough.

I have some old concrete polishing pads and I asked the PM if I could just smooth them out myself and he said if I wanted to do it was no problem. It is just a 4" area so it should be pretty easy to fix. I want as few people in my yard now as possible!

So far how are you liking the Primera Stone? The nice thing about the primera stone pre-polished finish for us so far is that there is hardly any plaster dusting, are you seeing the same thing?

Bummer about your finish. We have one tiny area in our Primera Stone finish that is a little rough.

I have some old concrete polishing pads and I asked the PM if I could just smooth them out myself and he said if I wanted to do it was no problem. It is just a 4" area so it should be pretty easy to fix. I want as few people in my yard now as possible!

So far how are you liking the Primera Stone? The nice thing about the primera stone pre-polished finish for us so far is that there is hardly any plaster dusting, are you seeing the same thing?
It's pretty, but it has too many rough areas that the polishers missed. It's hard to really like it until I can swim around for an hour and not hit a rough patch.

lol, I just had a pool school today, where my pool guy asked me when I was gonna seal my coping. I told him I didn't need to since it was some kind of colored stamped concrete. He laughs and says it's obviously natural limestone....which I had made certain my designer knew I didn't want. I pulled out the contract, which clearly showed "Concrete" under Coping....so I got a couple of tons of limestone coping I didn't ask or pay for. This lead to several uncomfortable phone calls.

It's fine though. They agreed to put a 4 year sealer on it and sold me on how much better it looks than concrete. They still don't know who ordered that coping.

Not to be a downer but I read some threads here saying the concrete copings were higher than some stone. Limestone is usually baseline here in the Austin area. I sure others will chime in but I would hate to see you paid more for something that costs less. I am guessing you said you didn't want limestone because you have a SWCG?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.