New Stonescapes Mini Pebble- Run pump for up to 28 days?!

mollymom

Dec 14, 2022
High Desert CA
We finally got our Stonescapes Mini Pebble and filled our pool after six months. We were told by the builder to run our pump continuously for 14 days, but up to 28 days ideally. I'm thinking this is excessive and cannot find this recommendation on the web from NPT. We're on day three and I'm afraid the neighbors will want to harm me if I keep this up, It has a high pitch droning noise that's driving me crazy. Does anyone have any information and also, I cannot seem to find a pump cover that is designed to reduce noise, (I have a Hayward-not sure model) and my HOA requires one?

Hi Jim,
I was able to get this number off the side -(awkard to get to it, the label is hiding behind a pipe) m48ab29Z04 and a super pump comes up in a search. There was some complicated issue (to me) about how it was manually set up (something to do with the spa and switching controls from the pool to the spa so that the filter can continually run) and how it is communicating with the app. It was overridden in the interim and the spa is running constantly, so maybe that is why it's running at high speed? IDK. I don't have access to the app at this point, and I would have to get past the powers that be that insist that 28 days is a good idea or the industry standard so I'm looking for evidence and opinions that this isn't totally necessary :).

Do you have a picture of it? With a new build it should be variable speed. I am a fan of running a pump at low speed 24x7, as are many on here, and do that on my pool (I run mine at about 1500 rpm). Like Jim said, if you can, I would lower the speed and do that. You'll save a ton on energy costs too.

Molly,

I think that may be a motor P/N..

See if you can get a P/N from the pump end.. Or just show us a pic.

If an app can control it, it is most likely a VS pump of some type and you should just be able to slow it down.

Thanks,

Jim R.

1st Day​

**NEVER add water to chemicals! Always add chemicals to water prior to adding them to the pool. A 5-gallon bucket is great for pre-diluting chemicals.**

1. Test fill water for pH, alkalinity, calcium hardness, and metals. Record your results.
  2. High Alkalinity should be adjusted to 80 ppm using pre-diluted Muriatic Acid (31% - 33% Hydrochloric Acid). Always pre-dulite the acid by adding it to a five gallon (19 L) bucket of pool water.
  3. Low alkalinity should be adjusted to 80 ppm using sodium bicarbonate (baking soda).
  4. pH should be reduced to between 7.2 and 7.6 by adding pre-diluted Muriatic Acid if the alkalinity is already 80-100 ppm.
  5. Brush the entire pool surface, from the top of the walls down, starting at the shallow-end and ending at the deep-end. Brush thoroughly twice per day to remove all plaster dust. Brushing your pool finish at least twice a day is one of the best things you can do to maintain the gorgeous appearance of a pool finish. Remember, wheeled devices should not be used in the pool until after 28 days.
  6. Although optional, it is highly recommended to pre-dilute and add a quality sequestering agent using the recommended initial start-up dosage and then the recommended maintenance dosage per the sequestering agent’s manufacturer. This is cheap insurance against metal staining.
  7. Operate filtration system continuously for a minimum of 72 hours.
  8. DO NOT add chlorine for 48 hours. DO NOT turn on pool heater until there is no plaster dust in the pool.

I think you do that to get the most of the dust out in the first few days. I would then clean the filter after the 72 hours. When I stated up mine I just adjusted my pump to run 24 hr/day at a low rpm. If its a new build by law it has to be a VS pump if above 1 HP since 2021.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Thanks for the advice. I flipped the lid up and I saw that there are 4 speeds, but the LED display was not on. The issue is that I think it's wired in the interrim to override any settings at this point because we couldn't get it to stay on continuously through the app, there was another issue in which the heater is not working or hooked up to electric so he is going to call support with that. I will see if our start up technician is out here tomorrow to see if we can change up the speed until the app control is sorted.

Attachments

• IMG_8049.jpg
    IMG_8049.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8323.jpg
    IMG_8323.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8324.jpg
    IMG_8324.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 15

1st Day​

**NEVER add water to chemicals! Always add chemicals to water prior to adding them to the pool. A 5-gallon bucket is great for pre-diluting chemicals.**

1. Test fill water for pH, alkalinity, calcium hardness, and metals. Record your results.
  2. High Alkalinity should be adjusted to 80 ppm using pre-diluted Muriatic Acid (31% - 33% Hydrochloric Acid). Always pre-dulite the acid by adding it to a five gallon (19 L) bucket of pool water.
  3. Low alkalinity should be adjusted to 80 ppm using sodium bicarbonate (baking soda).
  4. pH should be reduced to between 7.2 and 7.6 by adding pre-diluted Muriatic Acid if the alkalinity is already 80-100 ppm.
  5. Brush the entire pool surface, from the top of the walls down, starting at the shallow-end and ending at the deep-end. Brush thoroughly twice per day to remove all plaster dust. Brushing your pool finish at least twice a day is one of the best things you can do to maintain the gorgeous appearance of a pool finish. Remember, wheeled devices should not be used in the pool until after 28 days.
  6. Although optional, it is highly recommended to pre-dilute and add a quality sequestering agent using the recommended initial start-up dosage and then the recommended maintenance dosage per the sequestering agent’s manufacturer. This is cheap insurance against metal staining.
  7. Operate filtration system continuously for a minimum of 72 hours.
  8. DO NOT add chlorine for 48 hours. DO NOT turn on pool heater until there is no plaster dust in the pool.

I think you do that to get the most of the dust out in the first few days. I would then clean the filter after the 72 hours. When I stated up mine I just adjusted my pump to run 24 hr/day at a low rpm. If its a new build by law it has to be a VS pump if above 1 HP since 2021.
Thanks for this. I knew it was a minimum of a few days; I'll try to see if we can get the speed lowered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.