New spa cover

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
We have not used our hot tub in a few years. We are having a party in about a month so we thought we would fire it up. The outside of the cover was worn and had some tears by I had no idea when I tried to open the hot tub the cover it wouldn't budge.

The tub was full of water. I figured since the tub was completely full it was creating a suction. So I drained it. The cover still wouldn't budge. Turns out the cover itself was full of water also. I had to cut a slit on the inside of the cover to drain.

So I need a new cover. Since we don't use it very often can someone recommend a economy cover? Maybe online would be cheaper. The cover lift needs to be replaced also.

I hate to get rid of it because I'm retiring in a few years and would get more use out of it when we have more time to maintain it.

Thanks

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
Thank you....I'm actually thinking of buying a cover for my cover. It's cheaper for now and I can cover the old torn one. They are not very expensive but the problem is I can't find one that fits. My hot tub is 84"x 77" and the closest I can find is 84"x 84" which is too big.