New SoCal IG shotcrete pool build - equipment set, Final Inspection Passed, Pebble Done! Salt added. Back deck in process

Flexshaft worked to clean out the holes for the weir door so it has now been installed which seems to help keep stuff in the skimmer with the pump at low speeds.
Got the ok to put the polywood chairs on the baja shelf (but not use them)
20220620_090528.jpg
I am now glad that the gunite crew put the step to the baja shelf in the wrong spot lol any further towards the spa (it was supposed ti be mid shelf ) and you'd take a face full of umbrella trying to use it.
In hindsight, the baja shelf probably should have been shallower. It is currently at @18" to the water line which puts the seat of the chairs under water. I would say we'll get it right next time but if I said that out loud my wife would likely make sure I was never to be seen or heard from again 🤪

at @18" to the water line which puts the seat of the chairs under water.
See that is where I would want them to be. Plus sitting on my bum the water would hit me just right to help me keep cool!
I would say we'll get it right next time but if I said that out loud my wife would likely make sure I was never to be seen or heard from again 🤪
LOL yeah lets get this pool all broke in and the memory of child birth the pool build forgotten!

LOL yeah lets get this pool all broke in and the memory of child birth the pool build forgotten!
😆 I will remember that, I do mortgage loans and frequently use that analogy for the gamut of emotions that run during the home buying process. The brain is well adept at deprioritizing traumatic experiences such that we are prone to repeat them despite the emotional consequences 🤪😱🤢🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats and newdude
So I kicked on the spa today amd noticed no bubbles. Looks like they did not drill the cap they put on the air intake 🙃. How many/ what size holes shall i drill into it?

And for today's edition of wtf were they thinking. Went to install the weir door on the skimmer and realized the plaster guys where sloppy and plastered the inside corners of the skimmer. I was able to chip most of it clean but the two holes are filled with plaster 🙃 I don't think my drill will like functioning under water lol, anyone have suggestions? Pb has now stated everyday this week that someone would be here but nothing.
View attachment 425063
Ugh, had something similar...It's my first pool but I thought, aren't these doors supposed to be able to close? Turns out they got plaster in the way.

So I kicked on the spa today amd noticed no bubbles. Looks like they did not drill the cap they put on the air intake 🙃. How many/ what size holes shall i drill into it?
Did they glue the cap?

Start small and you can always get larger. I would drill them in the side to prevent a lot of water ingress. Maybe 1/8"?

--Jeff

Did they glue the cap?

Start small and you can always get larger. I would drill them in the side to prevent a lot of water ingress. Maybe 1/8"?

--Jeff
There is an up-pipe with then two sweep 90's a short piece of straight pipe and a cap. The first 90 is not glued to the up-pipe everything else is glued 20220523_192224~2.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@Turbo1Ton or @MyAZPool I am trying to setup an old iPhone to leave out for guest control. I enable the "guest" account in intellicenter and added the intellicenter 2 app to the phone. I can see the pool in the app but it looks like it has no permissions. Is there another step I need to take to add permissions for specific features or circuits? I am hoping to give access to turn spa on and off and waterfall on and off.

What a build!
did you enjoy the DIY portions of it?
your PB is not cool; did he ever try to ask for money, assuming he overran?
How is the solar heater working out

What a build!
did you enjoy the DIY portions of it?
your PB is not cool; did he ever try to ask for money, assuming he overran?
How is the solar heater working out
Thank you!
Yes, I thoroughly enjoy learning something new though I have the propensity to dive REAL deep on stuff so i also know when i should avoid it mainly from a value of time perspective.
There was only one instance in which he "insinuated" but never outright asked for more money and that was with the intellicenter. He had quoted me the difference very early in the build and while it was higher than i thought warranted i agreed to it. When he purchased it he tried to claim that it cost him significantly more. I reminded him that the build was supposed to be done in November and poor planning on his part did not equate to a cost increase on mine. He dropped it. The stuff i did that he was supposed to (repairing the copper water main 3x, repairing the underground electrical, repairing the underground network and acquisition of the pumps) I only held back for the material costs when i made the payment for the pebble and he did not push back one bit.
The solar heater seems to be working out great, albeit to be fair I have no reference for what the water temps would be without it. I suppose i could shut it off for a couple days and see but where's the fun in that lol. Water temp has been consistently getting to the @87 during the day thus far after dropping to @70 early AM. I like the fact that its automated, set the delta for water temp to solar temp and pretty much forget about it. I did not save a ton DIY'ing the solar (total cost was @7500 vs est @9180) but thats mainly because i over-engineered the rack lol but i only worked on it nights and weekends so in my mind its ok

Reactions: Asherk74
@Turbo1Ton or @MyAZPool I am trying to setup an old iPhone to leave out for guest control. I enable the "guest" account in intellicenter and added the intellicenter 2 app to the phone. I can see the pool in the app but it looks like it has no permissions. Is there another step I need to take to add permissions for specific features or circuits? I am hoping to give access to turn spa on and off and waterfall on and off.
I'm not sure what the 'guest' account is. I set mine up just like I did on my primary phone. I did set it so that it logs in and connects automatically.

Maybe I need to look into this guest setting.

--Jeff

1655940911202.png

Looks like you need to create a user named 'Guest' and select which screens they have access to. The above is from the Intellicenter users guide.

--Jeff

Ok, I think I found it... Under your general settings, you enable security and create a new role.

1655941638045.png

Then under the 'Guest' role permissions, when you expand that, you get all the selections for what they can access.

1655941706847.png

Try that and see if that works.

--Jeff

Reactions: Ahultin
View attachment 427002

Looks like you need to create a user named 'Guest' and select which screens they have access to. The above is from the Intellicenter users guide.

--Jeff
I did find that section and was able to create the guest account which can be accessed via the panel. I was also able to create a guest account via intellicenter which mentions needing to match the account on the panel. What I cant seem to do is make the two connect 🤔
I saw what a mess the startup guy was able to make in 5 minutes so definitely dont want everything easily accessible lol.
When I log into the guest account via the spare iphone, it can see everything but change nothing, not even the 5 sections I gave the guest account access to at the panel( which the guest account can access at the panel) Digging deeper lol

Scratch that... Sorry. Try this instead.

Under general settings, security, enable the Guests have local access check box, and you can get to the selections.

1655941945679.png

--Jeff

Reactions: Ahultin
Ok, I think I found it... Under your general settings, you enable security and create a new role.

View attachment 427010

Then under the 'Guest' role permissions, when you expand that, you get all the selections for what they can access.

View attachment 427013

Try that and see if that works.

--Jeff
😀 that was it with the addition of the guests have local access checkbox , thank you sir!

I'm not working from the panel so I don't exactly know. And I'm trying this and having zero luck also. But now I want to figure this out because I like limiting what that phone has access to.

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.