Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Please see the link to a new type of skimmer that "supposedly" improves skimming action. The website is not that informative on the specifics other than replace your existing skimmer basket. So would like to know if any members have purchased this and what were the results?
Skim-A-Round "All-In-One" (skim-a-round.com)
Thanks.
Herman

There have been several posts on them, with mixed reviews. Use the search/google function above and you should see some of the threads on them.

There have been several posts on them, with mixed reviews. Use the search/google function above and you should see some of the threads on them.
Got it. I did search but must have mistyped as now I did find 2 other threads which I missed earlier. Seems like it been around longer than I thought. Agree - some mixed reviews. Thanks.

Living in South Florida we have one heck of a bug problem, mostly large swarms of gnats, seasonal swarms of flying ants/termites mostly that make it difficult for my skimmer to keep up. I bought the Skim-A-Round basket and found that it helped. I had to weight it down because when it floats all the captured debris float out and get sucked into the skimmer drain because the basket would not reseat upon pump startup. Two heavy rocks fixed the floating basket problem. Their skimmer socks are of excellent quality. I increase the efficiency of surface cleaning by wedging a kick board in front of the skimmer opening creating an even stronger venturi effect.

My problem with this unscreened pool gets so severe that I have also bought a Skimmer Motion and attached that to my MX 8. It was a cheaper than adding the floating version of the Skim Around and I'd say it helps. I am left wondering if the Skim-A-Round Version of that device would have worked better. You cannot just assume it will be ok to go out and use the pool due to these seemingly more frequent and larger bug swarms that conduct mass suicides in my pool!

Anyone use both the the Skim-A-Round skimmer basket and the model you attach to the pool cleaner?

Reactions: BowserB
Works very well, but is very particular about water level. If you can maintain your water level without much variation it may be a good choice.

I haven't tried the Skim a Round brand of skimmer socks. At $5 for four of them, they're a little pricey, even moreso than the ones I buy from Amazon:
The Amazon socks are $14 for 30. I've found them to be pretty durable, especially compared to hairnets. They catch a lot more really small stuff than hairnets, too, reducing the frequency of cleaning filter cartridges. A stone in the bottom holds them down when the pump is off.

I have 3 skimmers and I put the Skim Around in 2 of them. I had to put a rock in them to keep them in the sealed position otherwise when the pump came back on the basket did not go down in place. They do take more of the debris out of the pool but they put so much strain on the pump that I took them out. Also they are a pain to empty.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.