New SFS but heater will not work.

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
The alternating 40/80 usually means the the circuit board is not getting a good reading from the stack flue temperature sensor.

Check the stack flue temperature sensor with a good ohmmeter while the sensor is cool. It should read 3.8 megaohms.

Check the wires from the circuit board to the sensor to make sure that they are not damaged.

I would replace the sensor if the wires are good.

If it still has problems, replace the circuit board.

I've replaced the SFS and heater worked fine for a month. Now I'm getting the E05 code again. I tested the SFS and it tested good all my wiring seems fine. Heater starts and runs for 30 to 45 seconds before it shuts down and service heater light comes on. when I hold down on the pool on button it goes from 80 to 40.

I assume we are discussing a Pentair MasterTemp heater.

What pump and filter do you have?

When did you last clean your filter?

Is the equipment connected to automation.

You can help us help you by creating your signature with details of your pool and equipment.

E05 errors often come from insufficient water flow through the heater. Often caused by a dirty filter.

For more read...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.