Apatterson

May 28, 2022
Central Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Finished filling our pool yesterday. Combination of city water and well water. Put in eight bags of salt and ran filter all night. We’re going to be gone all next week so I need to get the salt water generator running. Salt test said I’m at 2600. Should I add anymore? Or just turn on the generator? I have the tf-pro salt kit. I’m lost on how to use it.

Welcome to TFP.

2600 is low for the SWG to operate.

You need to get your salt around 3000 so add some more.

24 hours after you add the next batch of salt turn on your SWG and it should start generating.

Have u added any chlorine or cya to the water? Fill water doesn’t have any. You need cya (30/40ppm via sock method to start) or any chlorine u or the swg adds will be gone very quickly.
Until your swg is operating u must manually chlorinate daily according to the FC/CYA Levels or nasties will grow.
Run all the tests in the kit one at a time
& post your results here like this
👇
Fc
Cc
Ph
Ta
Ch
Cya
Salt
Here are videos of how to do the tests
If u have questions just ask.

Reactions: Apatterson
I’m leaving in 20 minutes and will be gone for a week. I have no one who can maintain while I’m home. What can I do temporarily to fix. I’ve got liquid chlorine and I have stabilizer.

Put in the salt and turn on the SWG at a high %.

What is your CYA?

What size Pure chlor cell?

You will come back to a pool with high FC and can deal with it then. Assuming your SWG works.

Or you come back to a green pool and follow the SLAM Process and move forward.

Enjoy your trip.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.