New S300i Issue - Stops Mid-Sequence

hollywoodfrodo

Silver Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
Lakewood, CA
I have had my s300i for about 2 weeks. Got it from Marina Pool & Spa of course. Today noticed that I started a 1.5 hour Ultra Clean sequence. Went on walk with dog for 30ish minutes, got back. Robot was just sitting there. Light Ring on Power Unit was red.

I opened the app and connected thinking maybe there'd be a message describing a problem (dumb me thinking that pool equipment was as advanced as it should be in 2020). There was no message but it did connect to the unit so I started it again - this time on a 2 hour clean. It ran for about 20 minutes then just stopped again and once again red light on the power unit ring.

I Googled the red light on the power unit a million different ways and came up with NOTHING. Anyone know what that means. This was a huge investment for us and I'm not too happy with it not working after just two weeks. I know it's under warranty, but you plan to maybe have to use that in a year or so, but not within the first two weeks...

Any help, info, suggestions would be appreciated!

I am having the exact same issue. S300i bought 2 weeks ago now. Can’t get it to run a full cycle, red ring, exactly how you described it, no matter if I start it via a Bluetooth connection, manually with the physical button, or with a WiFi connection. Customer service has been no help. I call customer service almost every day trying to get a solution. Please post any findings!

Maytronics Customer Service (very helpful, but I question their knowledge) said it was a faulty power unit. They sent me a new one - was supposed to arrive next day but didn't arrive for over a week. Finally did - it was different than the one in the box (had the extra buttons). It seems to work, but I could not connect to it with phone. Contacted Maytronics - found out they sent wrong unit. So they overnighted a new correct replacement unit. I received it yesterday.

I am unable to connect to the new unit on my phone - get an error message about the serial number not matching their database - I emailed them about that since it was after 5pm ET when I tested it yesterday. However, the bigger/worse issue is that even without connecting it to my phone, I could start it manually by the power button, but this new power unit is doing the EXACT SAME THING as the old one. It starts but then anywhere from 5-30 minutes in just stops and the ring turns red. I am going to email Marina to see what they say I should do.

Everytime I call Maytronics I spend 20-30 minutes on hold before talking to someone. The people I talk to are very helpful and seem to want to help, but don't seem to have the tech knowledge needed to evaluate the issue, and I've spend several hours now on hold with them, way more time than I should have to spend to get a brand new over thousand dollar product working. I'm about ready to call it quits and let Marina know I'd like to return it for a refund. It may clean better than my vacuum robot, but my vacuum robot is still going strong after two years and never had an issue...

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats
Does anyone have long hair? You likely need to check the impeller. It is famous for getting hair wrapped around it and then stopping after a short period of time. There are two screws you remove under the hood. Then remove the distributor and there is a plastic piece with tabs on top of the impeller. One screw holds the impeller in place.

I am unable to connect to the new unit on my phone - get an error message about the serial number not matching their database - I emailed them about that since it was after 5pm ET when I tested it yesterday.

I had demo unit of a similar Maytronics model. You could try this and it could just be a waste of time, but hopefully it will help. Open the app and in the settings, there should be an option to disconnect your unit from the app. Once it is disconnected from the app, try connecting it again because it should now have the correct serial number.

Also, you might want to check your basket and make sure it's not too full.

Good luck.

Update from my issue... I had contacted Maytronics numerous times, emailed Israel, and gone through a replacement power supply, zero luck. My Dolphin dealer was able to get ahold of the area rep for Maytronics and he came out to my home and diagnosed the robot right there. He could connect to the robot with the service tech app and see the error codes. Mine was some kind of motor fault, not caused by fouling of any kind though. He took the faulty robot, left me with a loaner, it was a solo- the base model but better than nothing, shipped me a brand new S300i, then came back to my home to collect the loaner. I’m all jammed up now working flawlessly. Best customer support experience ever!

Update from my issue... I had contacted Maytronics numerous times, emailed Israel, and gone through a replacement power supply, zero luck. My Dolphin dealer was able to get ahold of the area rep for Maytronics and he came out to my home and diagnosed the robot right there. He could connect to the robot with the service tech app and see the error codes. Mine was some kind of motor fault, not caused by fouling of any kind though. He took the faulty robot, left me with a loaner, it was a solo- the base model but better than nothing, shipped me a brand new S300i, then came back to my home to collect the loaner. I’m all jammed up now working flawlessly. Best customer support experience ever!

Wow - did you get yours from Marina Pool and Spa? I sent them a message on Friday, but haven't heard back yet. Otherwise, Maytronics tried to call me today, but I have a job and can't be at their beckon call so next chance I get I'll probably can them and endure the 20 minutes hold with 60 second looped music. :rolleyes: Anyway, I don't think mine could be "long hair" or anything of the like. Our pool is fairly clean - mostly very short dog hair it gets from our dog and then other very small things. When it run, it seems to work fine mechanically-speaking...until it stops. Hopefully Maytronics can have someone come out for me like they did for you and get this taken care of because I'm just about done...

Just to keep everyone in the loop, finally talked to Maytronics. They ultimately said to send in the Robot to them to fix/replace. They sent me a prepaid shipping label since it is a brand new unit. Before shipping it out (tomorrow) I called Marina just to see what they thought. They were very nice and helpful as always and she said based on my experience, just like MrAl's rep said, she's guessing it's a motor issue and will need to be replaced. So she said just go ahead and send it back to them and they have a quick turn around with getting the replacement back out to you. I'll be shipping it out tomorrow and fingers crossed it's back to me in a week or two and working perfectly.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.