LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Charter Oak, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Almost Finished with the new pump/filter install, cutting the liner, and hard plumbing. I just need to pressure test the inground plumbing, that should start today. When I pass that test I will connect the pool and pump/filter to the underground runs. But that's not what this is about. I wanted to tip my hat to the TFP method and to all of you once again. I've attached two images. The first is a half full pool. I had to drain it to cut the liner and install the fittings. The second is an image of the same pool full so I could check the fittings for leaks after the install and to allow me to cut and fit the PVC to the returns/suctions/skimmer with the walls upright. Mind you, there has been no pump/filter for going on five weeks. Though I trust the TFP way, I had my doubts I could pull it off. But, all I did was keep to the TFP method to the best of my ability under less than ideal conditions. I would monitor water chemistry, brush, skim out the solids, every few days, and add water once a week. Notice, there isn't a green swampy mess. There is settled dust and dead algae on the bottom, but definitely not a green mess, and remember, that is with no pump/filter connected to the pool. Again, just a nod, and a thank you, and a reminder to stick to the plan. Thanks again for all the hard work that goes into the site and to the advice that comes from it's members.

Attachments

• Half Full.jpg
    Half Full.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Full Again.jpg
    Full Again.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 16
Science and chemistry has yet to fail us. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.