New pump and a question

Good Evening everyone. I am replacing an above ground pool pump on a 24'x 48" pool tomorrow for a neighbor and she does not have any type of pool plugs.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop the water from escaping the pool from the skimmer port and the return port? Thanks in advance.

I love to MacGuyver things as much as the next guy, and in a pinch a potato or rag would certainly do the trick, But being in RI your neighbor probably has a winterizing plug for the slimmer which would be easiest.

Thank you all. I ended up using a couple of hand towels. I tried the potato idea but by the time I could craft it into something fully functional, the towels were quicker and worked great. I learned quickly to NOT install the hose clamps in place before tightening the hose ends on. Two pretty good gashes from the hose clamps smartened me up fast. The difference the new pump made was remarkable, the water is zipping around that 24 foot pool like never before in memory. You really do not notice a pump that is slowly failing until you install a brandy new one. The tiger hose worked great too, I highly recommend it as the last set lasted over 12 years. Thanks again and have a magical weekend, all. PS. Us Roe-Dylin'ers do not even know their neighbors, per se and if we do, few have manufactured pools out here in the boonies.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.