New project in Helotes TX

Ya did tKe Picts of water meter give me a day or so and I’ll do the math on it. PB will be doing everything for 30days then I’ll, prob have them keep it up so all I have to do is bbq and swim. �� the backyard gets sod tomorrow’s and by end of week kitchen should be done along with deck restained to match pergola.

Ya did tKe Picts of water meter give me a day or so and I’ll do the math on it. PB will be doing everything for 30days then I’ll, prob have them keep it up so all I have to do is bbq and swim. �� the backyard gets sod tomorrow’s and by end of week kitchen should be done along with deck restained to match pergola.

Well, you're in for a fantastic summer! Congratulations on a job well done. Cheers!

Did your PB give you a test kit yet? I strongly suggest you get a good one like the one in my siggy below. Use your discount from that pretty badge by your name. This way you can keep track of your water levels and adjust between the pool guys visits.

Pool guys weekly visits=VERY high levels on the day they show up and VERY low levels the day before they are to show up. That is not good for new plaster or really any plaster long term. If you want them to do the vacuuming and such go for it BUT please check the water balance levels on your own. Once you learn how to do the tests the daily ones will only take a couple of mins. then the once a week ones will only take a few mins. more.

Kim:kim:

That's great advice, Kim.

We read stories here all the time where it seems PBs (or rather the guys they assign to your pool) don't quite do enough during the new-surface startup period. The first 30 days of your surface (while it's curing the most), is ultra important for its health: how it looks, how it feels, and how long it will last. If your PB's guy does it right, great. If not, how are you going to know? After that first 30 days, you won't get a do-over, what's done is done, good or bad. Best to verify your PB is on the ball, and at least test the water yourself during this first critical phase. If you choose to do so, Kim (a TFP mod and expert) will help you along, and tell you what to look for in terms of how well your PB is doing. I had a TFP expert guiding my first 30 days (thanks Marty!), and I know for a fact that my pool is better off for it.

Learning how to test is easy. And should you later decide to let the PB continue to care for your pool, being able to test yourself during that phase of your pool can be very reassuring, to know your water is safe and healthy for your family to swim in. Think of it this way, TFP would not exist, or at least would have only a tiny fraction of its thousands and thousands of members, if all PBs and pool guys and pool stores were always doing what they were supposed to (hint: they don't!).

Good luck either way!

Thanks everyone it took some time but we are happy with how it turned out. Ya the wife refused to let me have 2 TVs so I built a track system where I can move the tv 12 feet on rail and turn it 360 degree so it can cover more areas. Hanging chairs are a hit they are rated at 250 lbs I’m 205 and they don’t have an issue yet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.