New Pool/Worried about Crayfish

Heamae

May 31, 2020
Michigan
We are getting our pool installed in a month. Its 24'x54" hard sided pool. We have a pond in our backyard that attracts crayfish/crawdads. I have been trying to figure out the best way to prevent them from putting holes in liner. Any suggestions?? I have heard of foam but can that be used for permanent set up pools? Seems like most people use that for soft sided pools that they take down in the winter. Obviously we are putting it as far from the pond as possible but we have power lines running through the yard so that makes it difficult and our septic tank on the other side of the yard. Planning to put the pool where the fire pit is now.
Thanks for the help!!

Attachments

• 15909374693243900237580671670112.jpg
    15909374693243900237580671670112.jpg
    629 KB · Views: 28
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Your question is a first for me here. But about the insulation pads, it's not just for seaonsal pools. Many AGP owners use insulation pads, Gorilla pads, etc pads year-round as opposed to sand under their pool. They tape the seams together and it works well for protection from sticks, rocks, and perhaps crawfish? :)

I‘m a little creeped out! But, I use a gorilla pad and my pool stays up year round. ?

So I'm thinking of putting down limestone after they clear and level the ground and then sand then I was looking at happy bottom pad. I was thinking of using that and gorilla pad or maybe 2 happy bottom pads. I want it to be thick.

Why do you think Crawfish will put holes in you pool? It just seems to me that the pond is going to have everything they want... water, food, shelter. The pool won't have any of that. You have the perfect pool protection by having a pond that is much more attractive so close.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
So our pool got installed a week ago. There are already 3 indentions from the crayfish. 😔 We are telling the kids to stay away from them and not allowing anything close to sharp in the pool but I'm so worried it's going to get worse.

Here is a good picture of the pool with the pond in the background. We put the pool as far from the pond as possible but we have power lines that made us put it further in the yard.

Attachments

• 20200624_193546.jpg
    20200624_193546.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 32

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.