New pool - what is coming out of spa water return?

ElvisATX

Dec 28, 2021
Austin TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hi, pool was filled on December 6th. I scrubbed the pool twice a day for first 10 days and am keeping the water chemistry based on Pebble' tech's recommendations. Here are my current measurements:

FC: 1.5
pH: 7.6
TA: 70
CH: 205
CYA: 5

I ran the spa return for 30 minutes yesterday for only the second time -- and this came out of my return pipe. I freaked out and thought it was a protruding pipe, but the today I brushed it and it broke off. Looks like it came from inside and got expelled. Anyone seen anything like this?

Attachments

• IMG_0749D.jpeg
    IMG_0749D.jpeg
    591.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0748D.jpeg
    IMG_0748D.jpeg
    791.2 KB · Views: 62
How are you testing your water chemistry?

I assume you are speaking of some white material out of the return? Is it plastic?

I test my water chemistry with a K-2006.

Yes, i'm speaking of the water material coming out of the return. I thought it was plastic since it was white but today the day after it disappeared. There were sum clumps on the spa floor, which I scooped out. It was dark blue and hard but soft enough that I could break a part of and squeeze it into power. I think that was plaster dust coagulating into a solid? The spa return looks fine now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.