LifeTime Supporter
Apr 3, 2012
Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Okay folks. Last year I started a thread about my 5 years old pool that have a rusted wall. I got new wall under warranty right before winter. Pool was taken down before winter also. Installer suppose to come early spring but because of the whole COVID thing he was too scared. Anyway I found someone else and they came and re leveled everything and install new wall and pool. What concerns me is they finish late and left but before they left he told me to stop adding water overnight only during the day when it's sunny outside. I use my garden hose to fill it. Anyway there are "waves" in the liner (see attached image I found online. Same situation but my "waves" are from bottom to top) is that going to be fine ? Everything looked fine when they had the vacuum connected .

Attachments

• liner.jpg
    liner.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 11
The waves will come out as you fill, and even if its cloudy the vinyl will still heat up from the UV rays. You should be good. What is the temp during the day?
About 70-80F . My pool is partially in the ground . Basically it's about 25" in on one side and 1-2" on the other. I have to backfill after I'm done with water. Installer said it's okay to use mixture of soil and stones if there is more soil then stones. I don't like this idea. I'm afraid one stone will put too much pressure on the wall and push it in. Do you think this is okay? Maybe I should use some kind of foam between wall and backfill?

Howdy!
I know that there were some stones (marble-sized) mixed in with my soil when we completed backfilling our pool. This is our 6th summer and we haven't had any issues with stones pushing in the wall. How big are the stones? The whole "more soil than stones" statement is definitely a little scary, I wouldn't like that either. I wonder what percentage of soil-to-stone ratio the installer thinks is acceptable. Do you have a picture of your fill dirt that you could attach?

I have attached two photos with my pool before it was taken down. Maybe I should not have called it stones. I think the proper way to call it is landscaping gravel. The gravel around the pool was mixed with soil and used as a backfill.
skimmer-area.jpgpool-side-view.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.