New Pool Test results

Jul 12, 2019
Wappingers, NY
Here goes. This is after some heavy rain. All I have done to the pool since getting a new liner and filling with trucks is two bottles of stabilizer, Super shock (12% sodium hypochlorite) and DE for the filter. I have been using the shock to bring my chlorine up. I will say that after the pool was filled and I put the chems in for the first time, I stupidly had the filter set to drain for about 30 mins. DOH! Pool is inground, I think 30,000 gals.

5 ppm FC (may have jacked up this measurement and will do again today)
7.5 ppm CC
pH 8
200 ppm alkalinity
140 ppm CaCO3
CYA come up as ZERO.....so there's that.

I already realized that I must have screwed up when I set the filter to empty and probably why I have no stabilizer in there. Any help is MUCH appreciated.

Also, this is in southern NY.

You say two bottles of stabilizer. Dry or liquid? And dumped in the skimmer?
No, mainly because I'm an idiot. I shook up the bottle, dumped it around the perimeter of the pool. I just measured it yesterday and it was reading a hard zero. That was before I accidentally put the filter to drain for about 30 minutes. So, that may be why I was reading zero. Added one bottle last night and it is now reading about 40 so I think I am good there. Just added about a half bottle of 12.5% Sodium Hypochlorite because FC was read Nil as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.