New Pool Suggestions

violet-mermaid

Mar 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi all!

We have moved since my last post about my buried AGP, which ended up collapsing and getting ripped out. Ahhhh!

So we are ready to do another pool, but will be setting it up above ground. I really don’t want to go over 4-5k if possible. I currently have a 14' x 36" Bestway, but we are wanting a more permanent pool.

We did have saltwater on my last pool, not entirely sold on any particular route this time. I've been looking at steel vs resin, etc. I like The Pool Factory and Pool Warehouse. I also really like the Carvin pools, just not sure how to order them?

The size we want is a 24’ round.

Any suggestions on pools or setup?

Last edited:
With that budget, you can definitely do a self install. We spent just about 5k to replace an existing 24' round with 48" walls, with a 24' round with 52" walls.

I did go with a floor mat, wall foam, foam coves, a pretty large sand filter and a two speed pump, so there is some room to trim down the price if you go with a shallower pool with less resin. The model I got was the Saltwater 5000, and we started installing it on May 21st and a whole batch of us newbies took three weekends to get it up and running. If you've done a pool install (or even a liner install) before, it will be easier that it was for us.

Also, I assumed you're not looking to get one installed, because in that case you're going to be dependent on what installers can get for pools, because we learned the hard way that no companies (at least around here) will install a pool you didn't buy from them, if they even bother to respond to you, and, at this point in the season, things go in and out of stock a lot.

Thank so much for your reply! I would love to see pics of your pool, as that is one I am also considering. :)

Right now, these are my top 3 picks:

https://www.poolwarehouse.com/shop/24-round-54-deep-tennessean-above-ground-pool-kit/ (yes, I'm a sucker for the pretty lights)

I talked to a pool installer who said he charges $1600, but does not put sand at the bottom. I thought this was a must? I would honestly like to save money on the install and put it into the pool, but I am a bit afraid of how long it could take lol. My husband says he can do it, but we have a son with autism who practically lives outside and it can't be a mud-pit lingering project!

I also really love the Carvin Redwood pool, but don't know where in the heck to find pricing/retailers!

I should probably mention that we had a buried AGP at our last house, which was SO NICE until one of the sides caved in from a faulty install :(

But I did learn about having a SWG and the water was beautiful....

Attachments

• pool2.jpeg
    pool2.jpeg
    804.1 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.