New Pool Setup

I’ve been using your recommendation and going to 9 ppm to end up at 6ppm by the end of the day but should I go higher to 10 or 11 you think? Cya is currently 60
It changes as the season warms up, then warms back down. It may have already changed for you because Texas. :ROFLMAO:

The key is to take your recent loss, and cover that *plus* a reasonable amount of wiggle room, to remain free and clear away from minimum FC at the low point in your swing.

lc_chart.jpg

+4 ppm may be a week-long dose in March or October. It may be a 6 hour dose in July. :)

Might play it safe then a go with 10 with daily testing and increase as needed.
The Ph test is invalid at 10+ FC so test before you dose back to 10(ish).

Look at the chart above. Specifically all the room above target level to SLAM, which is safe for swimmers and equipment thanks to the CYA.

Now look at the little room between low target and minimum.

Play around on the high side, never on the low side, and we will *never* discuss your swamp. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Itsmejson
Had to refill our pool for the first time since water level got low from splash out & evaporation. I was having an issue with the pump not fully priming and gurgling sounds from the return jets.

After refilling I did a full test. Is that that the best practice after topping off with more water? My CYA dropped from 60 to 50 so I’ll need to get that back up.

After refilling I did a full test. Is that that the best practice after topping off with more water?
Mix well first.
My CYA dropped from 60 to 50 so I’ll need to get that back up
Do you traditionally need it that high for the peak season ? We're still a bit early but you also live in TX, so. :ROFLMAO: