New pool owner

Carol Ann

Nov 10, 2021
Middle tennessee
I’m so glad to have found this group. My husband passed right before we started construction and I’m feeling pretty helpless. Thankfully I have a small garden pool 14x24, saltwater. It’s been under construction since March and company is still working on yard drainage issues. My backyard has been solid mud for months now. Contractor blames Covid and city politics for many of the delays. I don’t know what to believe but the pool has ended up costing a lot more than we anticipated. We have had a pool heater sitting in the garage waiting for months to gas lines inspected before they can actually hook it up. Sometimes I think they’re just taking advantage of an old single lady. Anyway, I’ll probably be asking plenty questions. Glad I found you all.

Hi and welcome to TFP! You are going to love the help you get here with your pool. I am sorry to hear about your husband :( as well as the long time it is taking to get your yard/pool worked. If you go to our under construction section you will see many others are in the same boat. Many, many different reasons so valid, most not.................not much can be done about it either way.

Is the pool finished other than the heater? Is there water in the pool?

Welcome to TFP! I’m very sorry to hear about your husband. I’m a pool novice, but have found that maintaining a pool takes some learning and practice, and then can truly be pretty easy once you get the hang of it. This site has helped me so much by way of the articles, as well as the forum and the Pool Math app. I participate in lots of forums for my various hobbies and this one is a unique and special place with kind people who are so helpful! As mentioned above, just post as often as you need to get help.

Good luck with the rest of your pool build - sounds like you’re close!

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.