Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi All.

I’m glad that I have found this site and so many people willing to help. I have been reading as much as I can before I move into the house with the in-ground pool on July 2.

I have seen the pool in person a few times already and the pool was well maintained, crystal clear water and no sign of any algae. I could tell that the owner took good care of his pool.

Since I’m still on the learning process, I didn’t know or have many questions for him while I was there. He mentioned that the pool (kidney shape) is 30x15 with the deep end measuring 14ft deep -I have attached a picture of the pool. He guessed that the pool size was around 40k-50k litres which is about 13k gallons - does that sound about right?

I forgot to also take some pictures of the existing equipment but I do know it’s a saltwater pool. :)

The existing owner does use a pool maintenance company on occasion and they did call me this morning and they mentioned to me that the current salt system was old and that I should upgrade to a Hayward Aquarite T9 cell system. Should I do the upgrade now or wait until end of season (September)? Also do these systems come in different models?

Also I’m planning to do my own water testing and I ordered the Taylor K-2006 kit from Amazon and assuming that I do the regular recommended testing, which reagent will I run out quickly and would need to order refills for them?

Thanks for any help and feedbacks that you can provide to me.

Paul

Attachments

• CD1AE23E-9F87-432C-9EB7-261346B08DAF.png
    CD1AE23E-9F87-432C-9EB7-261346B08DAF.png
    589.9 KB · Views: 22
Hi, welcome to TFP! Fourteen feet is really deep! Once you take possession you should measure the deep end and see if it really is that deep. I would also want to independently confirm if the SWG needs replacing. If it does need replacing you would normally get better prices during the fall/winter, but its been a wild ride for pool equipment between covid and the arctic blast driving up demand this past year.

If this is a current photo of the pool and it is clear, then you will use the FAS/DPD chlorine test most often. Until you know how your pool reacts and how much chlorine it consumes a day, you will want to test FC every day. pH, and TA you can test weekly, and calcium, salt, and CYA you can test monthly. The K-2006 doesn't have a salt test so you may want to pick one up. As long as you don't develop algae you shouldn't need a refill this season.

Welcome Pm and congrats !!! Purchasing, moving and finding your way here are the hard parts. Once you finish off checking the other 2 from the list, We got you and it’s easy peasy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.