New pool owner, so many questions

Bjxg

Mar 8, 2020
Louisiana
I apologize in advance for all of my lack of knowledge and scattered questions.

We had a 24’ 52” aluminum side pool installed last May. We were sold the Baquacil system to use in it but we want to convert to chlorine. I read the conversion information, but I’m thinking we just need to drain it completely and start over, so I did not see specific instructions on how to drain them convert. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

We did not close or cover our pool for winter and it currently has black water and I’m sure lots of leaves/pine needles.

My next concern is my pump. When it was installed, we were pretty much just given a sheet of paper with some random usage instructions and a good luck. Does any one have any recommendations on a good instructional video on how to use the pool pump/filter? It is a 2hp 2 speed outdoor pro sand filter.

Feel free to direct me to the appropriate place if I am posting in the wrong one.

Welcome to the forum!
Can we assume this is an above ground pool? Please fill out your signature as it helps us help you.
Draining (as much as you can safely) would make the conversion process easier. Read Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine - Trouble Free Pool
Once you fill out your signature with your pump and filter information we can provide guidance on those.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.